a fun twist on the every day mojito..
a fun summer drink…
The Pomegranate Mojito is a rum based drink with a little sugar, lime juice, fresh mint leaves, and Pom juice.
Before you think it: Yes, Pom juice can be expensive, but you only need a small bottle for these. That is unless you are having a big party and in in that case stock up – becuase this drink is sure to be a hit. )
- 1 tablespoon granulated white sugar (superfine sugar mixes in more quickly)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice (I used a lime, but you can by the pre-squeezed if easier)
- 10ish mint leaves
- 6 tablespoons white rum (I used Plantation 3 Star White Rum, but any white rum will do)
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice (Pom juice can be found in the fresh juice section of your market.)
- club soda and 2ish additional mint leaves
- Combine sugar, lime juice, and mint leaves in a tall glass
- mash leaves with the back of a spoon
- Mix in rum and Pom juice.
- Fill two glasses with ice.
- Divide mixed mojitos between the two glasses.
- Top with a splash of club soda, and garnish with an additional mint leaf or lime