We were in North Carolina this past weekend where everywhere we turned our options were Sweet Tea or Homemade Lemonade. While C will always choose sweet T – I am one to opt for water with meals – but this weekend had me thinking – there is something about fresh lemonade that reminds me of summer in the south.. So without further chatter – the Perfect Lemonade Recipe (in my opinion of course)
- 1 cup sugar (can reduce to 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup water (for the simple syrup)
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 3 to 4 cups cold water (to dilute)
- Make simple syrup by heating the sugar and water in a small saucepan until the sugar is dissolved completely.
- While the sugar is dissolving, use a juicer to extract the juice from 4 to 6 lemons, enough for one cup of juice.
- Add the juice and the sugar water to a pitcher.
- Add 3 to 4 cups of cold water, more or less to the desired strength.
- Refrigerate 30 to 40 minutes.
- If the lemonade is a little sweet for your taste, add a little more straight lemon juice to it.
- Serve with ice, sliced lemons. (Serves 6)
now to add some fun to this post…
check out the photo below, that’s me on the left, in my home made Lemonade stand!