I showed C, and he was 100% on board. He ordered cotton (left) from Floral Cotton, the Texas tallow (right), lavender (below), clear floral tape and boutonniere pins from Save-On-Crafts. I purchased the navy ribbon from Hobby Lobby.
All of the supplies arrived quickly and were of excellent quality. I rallied one of my bridesmaids JSBH to help me with the “crafting”… her hubby also came over to “supervise” .. He is British, and actually read thru parts of our honeymoon itinerary ,and provided comic relief. So here is what we did!!!
Here’s what you will need for 12 boutonnieres:
- Cotton (I bought 24 bolls, I worried, I would break a few stems, I didn’t so now I have extra)
- Texas Tallow (two bunches)
- Lavender (optional, 1 bunch)
- Floral Tape ( I opted for clear)
- Ribbon (I chose navy to match the bridesmaids’ dresses)
- Boutonniere Pins (I chose pearl ones to match bridesmaids necklaces)
- Hot Glue Gun
Group together 2 sprigs of lavender, 1 boll of cotton, and cluter or two (depending on size) of Texas Tallow. Wrap the prior with the floral tape so it stays
together. Then place a small dab of glue on the end of the ribbon and secure to the top of the stems, wrapping the ribbon from top to bottom and back up. Add
one more dab of glue to secure the end of the ribbon.
I am quite happy with how they turned out, and the Mister is over the moon! I would recommend this to any DIY Brides, as they are fun to make and turn out great!
and below are a few additional photos of the boutonnieres…