8 oz cream sofened cream cheese
1 cup butter (I used unsalted)
2 3/4 cups of flour (I used all purpose)
9 oz of caramel chews
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
Preheat oven to 400 F
- I used my kitchen aid with bowl/stand. But you can use bowl with electric mixer.
- Beat together cream cheese and butter for 1-3 minutes/until well combined.
- Turn mixer to low and slowly add in flow (1/4 cup at a time) until all is added.
- Continue to beat for 1-2 minutes scraping down side as you go
- In saucepan on medium add caramels and heavy whipping cream, cook just until all caramels are melted, stirring frequently for 10-15 minutes
- use mini muffin tin, press 1 oz sized ball of dough into each tin, making sure to press the dough evening along the bottom and up the sides of the tin. Bake for 15-20 minutes and cool
- carefully add 1 o of caramel mixture into each muffin tin until all are 2/3 full. and allow to cool sligtly
- Mine are shown topped with sliced apricots but they would also be great with shaved chocolate!